Nigel Parkinson, Cartoonist

Nigel Parkinson, Cartoonist
Me at a Comic Con

Saturday 11 December 2010

My Favourite Editor Part Four

In 1996 I was rescued from 15 months of unemployment by Audrey Wong at Egmont Fleetway.
If that isn't enough for me to make her one of my favourite editors, how about: She always included copious reference material, gave as much notice as possible, and would fax or phone with ideas and compliments and suggestions.
Other people can offer more detailled stories about her, but I found her charming and thoughtful, and if it wasn't for her I wouldn't be in comics today, she gave me back my enthusiasm (and a job!)



This drawing of her by Mark Bennington in Ace Ventura Adventures gives you an idea of what she looked like in 1996. Here she is now:

3 comments:

Peter Gray said...

She sounds great and very good people skills..glad she gave you a break..

Lew Stringer said...

Indeed so Peter. I'm pleased to say that when Audrey was the editor of Ace Ventura Adventures she had Nigel draw one of my scripts. Nice job he did too!

Kid said...

I think I ended up being the main regular letterer on this comic, if memory serves. Now where did I put my back issues? Yes, she was very nice - a pleasure to work with.