Nigel Parkinson, Cartoonist

Nigel Parkinson, Cartoonist
This is him, at a recent Comic Con . . . in GREECE!

Sunday, 23 January 2011

Something borrowed

Colours, Nika (H.H.)


This week's Harry Hill story in the Dandy is loosely based on a story written by me and Nick Reynolds after a dream he had, 23 years ago. It wasn't a new idea even then, I remember a fair few Jack Kirby 'Easter Island' statue stories when I was a lad, for instance, but the central premise, that one of the protagonists are faced with images of themselves as god-like statues and abuse the privilege only to have the situation reversed at the denouement, is Nick's idea. Back in 1988, we did a reasonable job of it with George Nicholas' inking and colouring over my pencilling, but I think the intervening years have improved it.  Hope you like it, Nick, and thanks for the idea!

No comments: