Nigel Parkinson, Cartoonist

Nigel Parkinson, Cartoonist
Me at a Comic Con

Monday 28 May 2012

Goodbye TV Centre


I find it hard to believe that the BBC have decided to sell it's famous television centre at White City West London. From it's opening in 1960 till now, it has seen virtually every star of TV walk through it's doors. As the first purpose-built TV studio in the world, it lived and breathed it's history and with every visit I did so too.
These two passes are quite recent, two of the many visits I made to TV centre to watch TV Burp being taped and hang out with Harry Hill afterwards in the Green Room. On Feb 11 2010, we spoke about the proposed Harry Hill strip and I introduced Harry to my brother Dave and his family. On March 10 2011 Harry told me how delighted he'd been with the Dandy strip, and insisted on informing everyone that they should read the Dandy too.
Yes, a lot of history.

2 comments:

Kid said...

Yes, it's a shame. I'd have loved to have visited the place. The BBC did the same with Pebble Mill - which I DID get to visit and came away with a souvenir. A lot of history was made in both buildings.

Anonymous said...

So they film Harry Hill's TV Burp (an ITV show) in the BBC's studio.
Interesting.