Nigel Parkinson, Cartoonist

Nigel Parkinson, Cartoonist
Me at a Comic Con

Thursday 18 October 2012

Today is Thursday- is it?

It's been a busy ol' time, let me tell you, so I'm not sure but I think it must be Thursday. At the weekend, I had the TV people in doing a spot of filming- a pity they chose the day of the Marathon to come and spent the last half hour of their journey here doing 3mph up my street. It eventually went off OK but of course the two hours will probably be condensed into two seconds on the night, I expect! Anyhow, that wasn't the busiest part of the last two weeks, as will become clear soon to anyone buying Beano or Dandy. I'm sworn to secrecy (in fact they don't even know that I know) so don't ask!

8 comments:

Kid said...

One of the times I was on TV (not the Crimewatch one - I never talk about that), about seven people descended on my house for over two hours. On the night, it lasted for about a minute and a half - if. And, predictably, everyone I knew claimed not to have seen it.

James Spiring said...

Dandy eh? There's only six weeks left before the print edition ceases publication. Wouldn't have thought there'd be any time left for any more surprises. I can make an educated guess that it has to do with the final issue, and the Christmas Beano (which by my reckoning should be due out the following week). Tell me if I'm wrong, keep quiet if I'm right!

spleenal said...

No doubt the same crew who came to see me on Monday.
You know. The thing about the thing yeah?

The dog went mental!

NP said...

Yes, the thing about the thing. I'm still game. You?

James Spiring said...

I take back what I said about surprises. Know anything about this new partwork? www.beanoanddandy.co.uk

NP said...

Yes, I drew the plans for these figurines (and others) some time ago, nice to see them coming soon. But there's more in store. Just wait and see.

spleenal said...

"I'm still game. You?"
Hells Yeah!
I just hope I don't screw up my part before I get chance to update my linkedin page.

Lew Stringer said...

Going back to The Beano and Dandy Collection, the publishers have informed me that it came out on September 5th but is only available in Newcastle at present, as a test launch.

That's fairly standard procedure for partworks so hopefully it'll be relaunched nationwide if it proves popular.