Nigel Parkinson, Cartoonist

Nigel Parkinson, Cartoonist
Me at a Comic Con

Tuesday 4 December 2012

Got one?

Here's the cover of the final print Dandy, nicked off  Lew Stringer's blog.
Want to get your own copy? Good luck.
D C Thomson say they've printed 50,000 copies and certainly my local WH Smith sold it's larger than usual consignment of 20 copies before 9.15 this morning. My pre-ordered copy, which the D C Thomson shop assured me would arrive this morning, has of course not been delivered. Nor has my subscription copy which the D C Thomson subscription deaprtment claim expired in April, despite me having issues delivered up to a couple of weeks ago. A certain well-known Liverpudlian has asked me for a copy as his local shops didn't sell it and I had to phone The Dandy office to get him one (oh OK, it was Paul McCartney), but still there's none for me. So enjoy your copy, and particulalry enjoy it if you've never bought the Dandy before but thought you'd grab a bit of history. You'll have to let me know what it was like one of these days. I'm guessing it's pretty good but maybe I'll never know. If, like me you haven't been able to get one, don't bother with Tesco, they stopped stocking it months ago. Cheers, Tesco.

This afternoon I went on the Billy Butler Show and gave him his due for his part in this! Have a listen from 30 minutes in!

No comments: