Nigel Parkinson, Cartoonist

Nigel Parkinson, Cartoonist
Me at a Comic Con

Thursday 28 March 2013

SchoolDays

When you've got a cartooning eye and a cartooning mind, you see cartooning possibilities everywhere. Even when you should be doing something else. When I was doing 'Othello' for English A levels, we went over to the Majestic Cinema on London road to see the infamous movie version with Larry Olivier and Frank Finlay. To help us recall plot points and main scenes, I eschewed the regular Lotts Revision notes booklet and hurridly made my own, in cartoon form! Here's the cover. You may be interested to know I passed! I hope no former english teacher of mine sees this!

3 comments:

Lew Stringer said...

Better than my standard at that age anyway. I used to create my own comics too, from when I was 7, but not as accomplished as this.

Grimbo said...

"Thou weigh'st thy words before thou givest them breath" as Jack Jones or John Pritchard would have said.Were one of your old English teachers to read this he would be pleased with "eschewed" but suggest that "notorious" was a more appropriate word than "infamous."

There are cartoon versions of several of the plays which I used to use for lower sets when the national curriculum first insisted all had to experience Shakespeare, but your version is more engagingly pithy

NP said...

The pith has never been strained, constrained or restrained. Which is a bit odd when you think about it.